Pages

Blah Blah Blahg

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of blah blah blah....

Monday, September 27, 2010

In Awe of Autumn







The morning air has a crisp chill that I know means our first nighttime frost is just around the corner. (I think I'd better bring my herbs into the kitchen pretty soon!) If I stop for a moment to take it in, I can smell that Autumn aroma and notice the changing leaves.

It seems each year that Autumn sticks around for but a split second, which is why I find it so important to take notice of its bounty and beauty while it lasts.
A walk through Manito Park yesterday has left that crisp, sweet smell in my nostrils this morning; I am already itching to get out on a walk through my neighborhood to take in the changing seasons closer to home.


The Japanese Garden was positively beautiful yesterday! It was a rather warm afternoon with a calm in the air and a blue, cloudless sky. With all the rush and hustle in daily life, there always seems to be a stillness in Nature that I love to capture on camera.
It was a lovely day for a swim through the pond...if you happen to be a Koi.

A unique Birch tree

"Helloooo!"

I am usually of the mindset that what you find in Nature belongs in Nature. I did, however, take a couple of leaves home yesterday. I've always loved to collect a few brightly colored fallen leaves. They are great for pressing (particularly Maples), and can be preserved for years to come. This year I am eager to try flower/foliage pounding.


Happy Fall Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment