Pages

Blah Blah Blahg

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of blah blah blah....

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How-to Tuesday: Apple Print Tote Bag


I always find myself thinking of apples this time of year. One reason is that I live in Washington--the Apple State. Another reason is that Rosh Hashanah is right around the corner, which means apples & honey!
As I was thinking about crafting ideas and various ways to enjoy Autumn's harvest while maintaining my focus on Sustainable September, I came across this craft idea.
I thought apple prints would be a great way to dress up some of the canvas totes I use and reuse for shopping. It's also a great solution for those less-than-appetizing apples that find their way to the bottom of my fruit pile (that was not my most sustainable confession).
I also have some small canvas totes lying around that I purchased years ago at a craft supply store. A cute apple print and some embellishments would turn these into a lovely Rosh Hashanah gift...
I've also thought about how cute apple prints would be on some of my solid-colored cloth napkins, place-mats, and table cloths--a great way to bring the beauty of the season indoors!

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING this idea! Now to find something to print on... Maybe a couple t-shirts for the kids to wear to the apple festival? I'll need cheesy words to go on them though. Would it be weird to use my favorite apple quote on a kid shirt: Bad Apples = Good Cider!

    Apples and honey? Are the cooked or fresh and just dipped? Sounds yummy either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New subscriber. Are you scared yet?

    Mommy Hoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaspenelle, I think t-shirts are a GREAT idea! That would be so cute for the kids. I'm bummed I'll miss the Apple Festival this year, but I hope you'll have plenty of pictures (not to mention apples). It is customary to dip fresh apple slices in honey around Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur to signify the welcoming of a sweet new year. Other tasty traditions include honey cakes and traditional challah breads formed in a circle to symbolize the cycles of life and sweetened with raisins and honey.
    Mommy Hoff, I was totally shaking in my Mary Janes I was so scared when I saw you up here! Glad to have been graced by your presence :-)

    ReplyDelete