Pages

Blah Blah Blahg

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of blah blah blah....

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Status Update from The Garden: 1 Week



I planted my seeds one week ago. It's been a hot and dry week until last night, when the skies finally let go and Mother Earth blessed us with a good, hard rain. Today the air feels cleansed and the skies have cleared. A warm sun and gentle breeze grace the world around and within me.
Last night when I got home I moved my planters away from the house so they could get rain. I walked outside this morning to dispose of this week's compost pile collection and discovered glorious specks of green pushing up through the soil! I am always excited and amazed at this process--some tiny Life coming from such a seemingly inanimate object--conjuring up the strength to push all the way up through the earth.






So far the basil and both of the flower mixes have sprouted. I'm waiting yet on the chives and the experimental spinach...


No comments:

Post a Comment