Pages

Blah Blah Blahg

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of blah blah blah....

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Memory is Worth a Thousand Words....This Moment

{this moment}



A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.

*The idea for {this moment} posts was taken from another blog, SouleMama.


I arrived in Boston, MA late last night (by Eastern Time standards) to spend the next 11 days with my family. I spent today restfully recovering from jet lag after a long trip and looking through old photos. I found these old shots of me with my late grandparents. My grandfather's yarhtzeit (Jewish anniversary of his passing) is coming up on the 2nd day of the Hebrew month of Shvat, corresponding to the secular date of January 7th, 2011. My grandparents' presence can still be felt very strongly in my father's home as I am surrounded by photos, other memorabilia, and of course, all the Blustein quirkiness that reminds me of these two amazing people. Although I miss my grandparents, I was blessed to have spent many blissful moments with them during the time they were alive. May they remain in my heart in blessed memory.




No comments:

Post a Comment