Pages

Blah Blah Blahg

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of blah blah blah....

Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Most "Likeable" Menorah Contest on Facebook



Chabad.org on Facebook is hosting a "Most 'Likeable' Menorah Contest" this year. Anyone can enter a photo of a kosher menorah* before 10:00AM ET (7:00AM for my local friends on Pacific Time) on December 20th, when the first and second place winners will be selected. The first prize, going to the photographer whose photo received the most "likes" is a GPS (kindly hold all your jokes about my sense of direction or lack-thereof), and the second prize winner will receive a year's subscription to Think Jewish Magazine.
To review the contest guidelines and enter your own photo, click here.
My photo is the 18th photo in the album, or you can just click here to "like" it. You will need to first "like" the Facebook page in order to "like" and/or submit any photos.


I had a surprise visitor captured in my photo tonight. I took a photo of my menorah lit in my window and did not notice until I uploaded it onto my computer to submit to the Facebook contest that there was a cat peeking inside! I hope my surprise Chanukah guest enjoyed a little light in this cold, snowy darkness!


*click here to see what criteria need to be met in order for a menorah to be kosher and eligible for the contest

No comments:

Post a Comment