Pages

Blah Blah Blahg

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of blah blah blah....

Friday, December 03, 2010

On the Third Night of Chanukah...This Moment

{this moment}

A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.


We're entering the third night of Chanukah and Shabbat. In the tradition of my Friday posts, I have added a photo for my supposed-to-be weekly "this moment" post. This photo is, however, not from this week, but from the Chabad of Spokane's Chanukah party last year. At our party last year, guests built a menorah entirely out of cans of food. After the party, the cans were then donated to a local food bank.


Here are some photos of the truck being filled with our donations and hauled off to be allocated to local food banks. And yes, that is a real, light-up menorah atop my rabbi's family minivan.


Happy 3rd Night of Chanukah & Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Would you mind if I shared it with readers on my blog, too? send me an e-mail at stev0225@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    -Sarah
    http://bringingchesedhome.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete